1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Cleanmaster a joke? And where does all the ram go? Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mrt19872, Oct 29, 2014.

1. mrt19872

mrt19872 Newbie

Was just curious, as Cleanmaster constantly tells me my Note 4 CPU is over-heating, and the memory usage is way over, even though I only have 3-4 apps open.

Is the app just a joke? Why would it say my CPU is over-heating? It's said Facebook has caused over-heating as well as about 3 other apps, including my alarm clock.

I've read it's best to NOT use these task managers and just let Android do it's thing, is this correct? I've gone down as low as 200mb of ram by launching 4 games, does that mean anything though?

Sorry if it's a noob question, just wanted to make sure all was good, I've deleted Cleanmaster as from what I've read more than half of what it cleans up Android is just going to restart.

Thanks in advance, just wanted to make sure it's okay to go down to 200-300mb of ram on the N4, and that Cleanmaster isn't really "helping", but what the heck is up with the over-heating bit?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Good call on deleting Cleanmaster. Those apps do more harm than good. Android does a fine job of multitasking, and if you somehow are managing to use 3 GB of RAM, it will figure out what to do about it.

BUT. Why are you launching 4 games at once?

Crashdamage and Mikestony like this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

4. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

nickdalzell likes this.
  5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

Yes, the days of RAM worries in Android were over just after version 4.1.

If you have some cheap or old device running say, 2.1 or earlier, yea, task killers were necessary for the most part because memory management sucked.

Most apps with issues using so much RAM that the device lags, freezes, randomly restarts, or runs hot are due to badly written apps which, sadly, are about 75% of what is on Google Play. Apple does have the upper hand in this regard. A load of apps that run perfectly well on the iPhone suck on Android (such as Facebook )