1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General is connecting my phone to my pc damaging my usb cables?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sento, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    ive noticed this with my last 2 cables...i bought a cable, connected my phone to pc and it kept having trouble recognizing my phone going do doo dun dunn do dooo dun dunn and then when i tried to connect phone to charger the cable wouldnt connect unles i pressed it in real tight in an angle...

bought a new cable and it worked perfectly for months, tried it on my pc again - same problem..

think something is wrong with the charging port on my android? ive tried multiple usb ports on pc and i dont see anything wrong with the usb ports and this is a fairly new motherboard.

right now only way i can get my phone to charge is by putting a small box under the connecting part and tilting the phone down so it has leverage in an angle to make the connection :S

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Quite possibly there's either a loose or worn out connector. They're pretty cheap on Amazon if you want to try replacing it yourself. Or you could just get a QI charger and forget about the cable altogether.

3. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    I see i will prolly have to get a wireless charger.

I've been trying all evening to get my n4 back to stock...i havnt messed with it in a long time but i wanted to get 5.0 through ota and totally forgot how to do all the ADB stuff, i spent 2 hours wondering why things weren't working, until i finally figured out how to install the proper drivers.

this guy here was my hero tonight:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/83985-nexus-factory-images-to-revert-to-stock/

if anyone ever gets in a bind and wants to make their n4 back to stock, just gotta plug it in with proper drivers, and run the package he has and it flashes stock, rom, recovery, etc - and to relock bootloader i simply got the download "minimal adb and fastboot" and turned off my phone and then held volume down + power and when it got to the fastboot screen i typed in the cmd fastbood oem lock - and BOOM, bootloader is locked and everything is stock and sexy :)

so, since my usb cable doesn't work anymore (well it does but i gotta sit it in a special angle then becareful not to touch it again) what options do i have to transfer files from my computer to my phone?

4. Sento

Sento Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    btw - i loaded up in android 4.3 and it updated one at a time all the way to 4.4.4 - but how come 5.0 isn't coming up as an option? just yesterday i had the option to OTA 5.0 but it didn't work cus of my custom recovery.

Tags: