• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is crossposting across model forums OK?

cookie365

May 19, 2011
Hi

I've just joined after buying a Wildfire S.

I've posted a question in the Wildfire S forum - which hardly has anyone looking at it as the phone's so new.

The answer might or might not be the same for the vanilla Wildfire, so is it ok to start a thread in that forum linking to the Wildfire S one?

Give it a day or two, if you don't hear anything, feel free to cross post the question. :)

Just leave a note with a link to this thread that is giving you the ok in case anyone has any questions as to why it's there (so we don't accidentally move it).

It's also possible that someone with a different phone may see the thread and know the answer (unfortunately, I do not know it).

Reactions: cookie365
Upvote 0
In cases such as this a post in the appropriate device forum, with another linking to it in the Android Lounge, is probably the best option. That way it will been seen by a great many members and any useful answers will be posted in the device-specific thread to benefit future users. This also makes it easy to merge the two threads if responses are posted in both.

The AF staff are a pretty switched-on bunch anyway, and can tell the difference between a genuine attempt to get help or a spammer flooding the site. Your original idea would have been fine too. ;)

p.s. Thanks for asking btw. We appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones