• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is Desire (Bravo) getting the new HTCSense.com ?

I wouldn't think so as they would rather you got the Desire HD, but is they do then it won't be anytime soon. It's abit like the TouchFlo3D/Sense on Windows Mobile, HTC only updated it on newer devices and the previous ones were left on the old version.

Best contacting HTC. I think the desire is finished in terms of updates even though it's powerful enough to run newer versions of the OS or Sense. However, I do hope we get the new Sense as I really like the Maps feature.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't think so as they would rather you got the Desire HD,

On the contrary I think they will. The whole point of a service like this is to provide a differentiator and keep people coming back to buy HTC phones rather than another Android handset vendor.
Who is the largest group (in Europe) of current HTC/Android/2.2 customers who need to be persuaded to stay with HTC when they are next due an upgrade? Desire owners
You don't miss what you never had so better to give us the sense.com service so that we will stay with HTC phones to avoid loosing it.

Upvote 0
I just wrote HTC about it and this is what I got:

"Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for enquiry about the HTCsense.
At the moment, we cannot give you any information, if there will be an update for the Desire for HTCsense.com.
We do not have any official information yet.
If you like, you can keep an eye on our website (htc.com).
As soon as we have official information, it will be available there.
Thank you for contacting HTC.
If you have any further questions, please contact us again.
"

:(

Upvote 0
Best not to post opinions and deal in facts. I have a normal HTC Desire and have been to www.htcsense.com and signed up. All we need now is a version of the HTCSense.com app on the phone. Surely some of you highly intelligent developers can work out a way to put that app on a normal desire. It might work 'as is' now with no modification. I just don't know how to go about getting it. Everyone will be eternally grateful if anyone can sort this.

Upvote 0
Best not to post opinions and deal in facts. I have a normal HTC Desire and have been to www.htcsense.com and signed up. All we need now is a version of the HTCSense.com app on the phone. Surely some of you highly intelligent developers can work out a way to put that app on a normal desire. It might work 'as is' now with no modification. I just don't know how to go about getting it. Everyone will be eternally grateful if anyone can sort this.
What model phone did you select since you can only choose from the DHD or Z?

Upvote 0
When you register with a normal desire it says:

Welcome to HTC Sense. Please sign in to HTC Sense from your phone to complete the account creation process. You’ll need a network connection to sign in from your phone. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings. On your phone, tap the Setup icon in the All apps screen and sign in when you see the HTC Sense screen.

As it mentions the 'All apps screen' I guess we need an app?

Upvote 0
When you register with a normal desire it says:

Welcome to HTC Sense. Please sign in to HTC Sense from your phone to complete the account creation process. You’ll need a network connection to sign in from your phone. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings. On your phone, tap the Setup icon in the All apps screen and sign in when you see the HTC Sense screen.

As it mentions the 'All apps screen' I guess we need an app?
Oh, you went through your phone to register.

I tried via my desktop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones