• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is everyone still happy with their Desire's? :)

No. The Desire is not a very good phone. It maybe good for games & playing mp3s, but it comes up short in every respect as a communications and PDA device.

Elaborate. I think it performs flawlessly as a communications device.

---------------------------------------------------

Edit: by the way, I take back everything I said about Sony Ericsson. Someone over on AVForums just posted some test pics of the arc. AMAZING! (thanks to kona786)

dsc0011800x600.jpg

201103311512AF43nq_n.jpg

dsc0014800x600.jpg

(http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobi...-sale-brand-new-sony-ericsson-xperia-arc.html)

Upvote 0
Cool. Btw Eevek decided against releasing his version until perhaps this weekend. He cited few issues on 1.4.1.

Where did you read all this?
I've been running it since last friday and I must say, it is simply outstanding. So many customisations I can make built into the rom. So many neat and improved little animations, menus and so on since froyo Miui. I don't know what it is, but I am honestly in love with this ROM :) I liked GV and Sense to, but I just feel at home on this. And, I haven't had any issues. None.

Upvote 0
Happy with mine still - just as well with 12 months of a 24 month contract to go.

That said I'd be pretty frustrated if I'd not rooted. The space limitation was a real killer for a while.

Now with new roms and themes to tinker with along with loads of new apps it's great.

It's also just recently that I've started to see phones that I like more than the Desire. The Pyramid/Sensation looks like the first of those. That said, I'd rather have my rooted Desire than an unrooted Sensation.

Upvote 0
Where did you read all this?
I've been running it since last friday and I must say, it is simply outstanding. So many customisations I can make built into the rom. So many neat and improved little animations, menus and so on since froyo Miui. I don't know what it is, but I am honestly in love with this ROM :) I liked GV and Sense to, but I just feel at home on this. And, I haven't had any issues. None.

I asked Eevek on XDA. Dunno mate, I havent checked it out myself so I cant comment on it. I am amongst those who hate downloading every Friday thats just a tedious job! I prefer waiting for a version thats worth upgrading to. Tomorrow's release looks promising so I might give it a whirl!

Upvote 0
I asked Eevek on XDA. Dunno mate, I havent checked it out myself so I cant comment on it. I am amongst those who hate downloading every Friday thats just a tedious job! I prefer waiting for a version thats worth upgrading to. Tomorrow's release looks promising so I might give it a whirl!

Tell me about it. People kept moaning when I used Oxygen that it was only updated once every couple weeks. Frankly, I just can't be bothered. I love change, and getting new features, but for all the hassle of backing up and so on I prefer to wait a bit.

Upvote 0
TBH, no and I'll be glad when my contract is up so I can change to ... An iPhone. Yep, I said the name that shall not be mentioned.

Why?

Because I want something that just works, that I don't have to mess around rooting and updating ROMs just to try and keep the phone working. Ive had to return 2 Desire's now with motherboard problems as the phone was overheating when trying to use GPS.

My kids have got iPod Touches, I'm writing this on an iPad. I know that with Apple you're in a walled garden and you can only do what Jesus Jobs allows but you know what? I don't care! I'm happy that my Apple devices just work, they don't crash, haven't needed to be replaced and to me, just feel friendlier.

I bought my Desire a year ago as I wanted it to be good but as time has passed and I've had daily use of both the Desire and Apple devices, I prefer IOS. I know this won't sit well with some but it's just the way I feel.

Upvote 0
Tell me about it. People kept moaning when I used Oxygen that it was only updated once every couple weeks. Frankly, I just can't be bothered. I love change, and getting new features, but for all the hassle of backing up and so on I prefer to wait a bit.
When roms are working close to perfect or with little problems, why should there be frequent updates? Neophyte's Aurax & Reflex roms are nearly perfect and he sees no need to tweak them any further, and they ARE just about perfect. I would've stuck with Oxygen if AdamG hadn't gotten rid of trackball wake and CM7 type settings/theming, I also used his OpenDesire project and he said he wasn't happy with that rom for some reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones