• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is flash with 2.2 only?

I would be willing to bet that they will have the N1's and Droids given out for Google IO in May updated to 2.2. If that is the case, some people that are going to Google IO are hackers (rom bakers)....I would bet an image of 2.2 is on the net before IO is over...LOL...If not, soon after. Google would make ALOT of friends if VZW/Tmob release the update starting at the beginning of IO, but we will see what happens...

Upvote 0
Flash Lite 4 is a huge let down, even compared to Flash Lite 3.1. Things missing in Flash Lite 4 compared to Flash Lite 3.1:

1. No full screen video function (zooming vids in webpage looks blocky compared to full screen with native video file resolution)
2. None of the game sites or games that work with Flash 3.1 work with 4 (most need a keyboard anyways).
3. You can not launch games and vids straight from file manager (astro). Perhaps this is an Android contraint. Works for Archos 5 and N900.

Skyfire works with more videos and can be ran in full screen. Looks much better than Flash Lite 4 and nice bridge until Flash 10.1 is released.

I was stunned, since fully expected version 4 to be at least as good as 3.1.

Upvote 0
Adobe CTO says Flash 10.1 for Android in June -- will Froyo follow suit? -- Engadget

Just read this on engadget. Looks like Flash is going to rollout in June which would make sense with the 1st half of the year that has been rumored. So it looks like Flash may come first then 2.2 would come next. Engadget also predicted that 2.2 would be rolled out during the Google I/O thing in May so go figure but atleast we may get Flash in a couple of months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones