• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Glass really the future?

I don't think it's any more a fad than laptops (they're VERY different now than when they first came out), cellphones (same thing), etc. I think we'll see a totally different device in 10 or 20 years, but still recognizable as a wearable cellphone.

Personally? I'll keep my belt holster and large screen phone. (And I'm not a Luddite - I was walking around talking into a mic connected to a little box [Springfield Enterprises, for anyone old enough to remember] in the late 50s.)

Upvote 0
I don't think it's any more a fad than laptops (they're VERY different now than when they first came out), cellphones (same thing), etc. I think we'll see a totally different device in 10 or 20 years, but still recognizable as a wearable cellphone.

Personally? I'll keep my belt holster and large screen phone. (And I'm not a Luddite - I was walking around talking into a mic connected to a little box [Springfield Enterprises, for anyone old enough to remember] in the late 50s.)

I see what you're saying. I'd be really Interested in the apps for this device and what people can dream up. Guess we'll see

Upvote 0
Don't think I'd really want to be watching a movie with just one eye. Glass is about giving you information rather than entertaining you IMO.

For entertainment, watching movies etc, something like this would be better, and uses both eyes.
http://www.amazon.com/Excelvan-Port...&qid=1420714184&sr=8-1&keywords=Video+Glasses
Personal theatre glasses. Obviously not going to be walking around with them on, like some kind of wannabe Geordi La Forge....LOL.....but could be great for flights, and other long trips.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones