• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is google data mining with Android?I

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be incredibly surprised. These companies thrive on these sort of things. Google's advertising service is huge and they probably take advantage of this easy access of information. However, as long as they keep it anonymous, and aren't building some huge database about your specific identity, I'm fine with it.

I haven't gotten telemarketing phone calls or texts on my phone yet at least.

Upvote 0
I think they compile as much data as they possibly can for current & future use.At this point I don't see much reason to think their doing much other than marketing type data use.It's what they may do in the future that concerns me.
I believe theres good reason to have strict FCC guide lines, but how do we really know,is anyone actually monitoring it,for that matter I'm equally concerned the ease of the vast array of agencies that can/do obtain whatever data they choose without any real oversight or paper trail now that a court order is no longer required in the name of Homeland Security.I don't feel more secure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones