1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is Google Music Player Intuitive?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Melchizedek, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2012
    Hi. I downloaded some music to my netbook the other night, but did not upload them to Google's music player. This afternoon, I noticed all the tracks I downloaded to my netbook were on my phone. Is there some default w/Google' s music player that automatically downloads to your phone (maybe I just did'nt notice it). I've only had my Android phone a couple of days and still am getting familiar w/it. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    Google Play Music is ok but I find it to be very very slow to load up, or come back to when pausing a song. Also its hard to find the lists. I always preferred the music player with the record or speaker icon to be nicer, faster even if old

3. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2012
    Yeah, I noticed it is slow. I seen that other music player and want to try it.

4. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2012
    Just 2 clarify, I did not use intuitive in the sense that it is easy to use. What I meant was it has a mind of it's own. For example, it uploads songs to your cloud without you having 2 physically do it. It uploads automatically. First, I downloaded some songs 2 my netbook. Then while I was checking my gmail, I noticed my phone was downloading the tracks I just saved independently.

5. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    If you installed the Google Music Manager on your netbook and it is monitoring the folders you put some music in then yes it will upload them to the cloud automatically. You can disable that in the Music Manager on your netbook if you want.

alicemenezes likes this.
  6. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks. Just wanted 2 make sure I was not seeing things. Kind of a new topic, but does any one know if you can add your own art to album covers? For example, Google uses these pastel colors for all albums w/o art.

7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have moved this thread into the Android Applications forum since we are discussing Google Play Music.

As far as I know you cannot upload your own Album art unless you first load it with the track when synced onto your device. Even then some will transfer and some will not, as I have experienced.

If Google Music finds songs that it has on it's database it will also auto sync with it and add the album art that it has for that song/album

Melchizedek likes this.
  8. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I was wondering about that syncing songs with their database.... does it only do that on new uploads? I have 2 or 3 songs that must have had dirty CD's, they either skip or have static through the whole song. If I delete then re-add, will it sync to a good version?