1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is google video chat available for the S2 without root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jahmakan, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member

My cousin's Sensation on T-Mobile has the option, but on my unbranded S2 (on 3G or WiFi) will not give me the option to video chat. Is it not yet supported on this phone?

Advertisement

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

3. Jahmakan

I have 2.3.4 right now. Unless there is a second revision of it?

4. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

I am wondering about this as well? I really do not want to root yet I rooted my Desire and even though it was fun to play with different roms I did wind out wrecking my phone. Is there away to do video chat with friends on other phones ? I tried Skype but it does not work.

5. Jahmakan

I know for certain Qik works. I used it to communicate with my cousin on T-Mobile and he has a Sensation. Have not tried Skype as yet, but I heard it works. But with Google Video, I just noticed that there is no option for starting a video chat so that's why I asking.

6. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Skype works perfectly.

7. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

yes, skype video calling works perfectly!

8. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

I got Skype but can find away to make a video call ? I know it might be a dumb question but how do you do it ?

9. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

do you have lastest version of skype ?

10. rikki_sun

rikki_sun Newbie

ive tested almost all available Video call apps out there. here are the results:

Top on my list = Tango (better image quality but u do have to reach out and straight ur aim for other to see not just ur head but also most of ur upper body)

2nd= Skype(sound quality is better than Tango but image,,not that good.also for some phones you cannot switch between your front and rare cams which real SUCK. )

Qik cam = shit!

Fring= shit 2.

end of story.

thats the most common 4 video apps on the market i reckon.

correct me if you dare.

or is there any other videocall apps you think its good. let me know i would like to TRY

Randall@Tango likes this.