1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is Greenify App Still Useful in Android 7 and later?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by consultant, Sep 14, 2017.

1. consultant

consultant Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 13, 2012
    Android has come a long way as far as battery usage management. For Android 7 or later, doesn't the "Doze" feature make the Greenify app have little to no usefulness? It seems with these types of subjects (battery apps, cleaners) it breaks into two camps: The "Tin foil hat" camp that uses words like "feels" or "seems" when describing benefits, and the camp that is skeptical. Either way, it is frustrating when you can't find anywhere or anyone on the Internet that has actually do a well thought out test to determine the answer as many things can affect a phones performance and battery usage so no one knows for sure in many cases if what they experienced was just coincidental timing with something else going on with their phone or if the app is truly the one making the difference.

I had a case one day where my battery took an abnormal dip and when I went into settings to see the app usage, the Pocket app was the culprit when I very rarely even use that app. Is there an app that looks for abnormal app battery usage and warns you about it? I prefer to either address the issue with the app developer and/or uninstall it as opposed to a band aid approach using Greenify and/or Island.

Advertisement

Rgarner likes this.
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I use only Greenify for Aggressive Doze. Triggers Doze faster than the 1hr you have to wait for stock Android.

I don't know what phone you are using but recent Samsung phones (S6 and onwards) put out a notification when an app is using too much battery in the background. Their threshold is really low too.

Daniel Fernandes likes this.