1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is hackers keyboard gonna steal my crap?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by norb, Jan 9, 2016.

1. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

In my search for a keyboard that types what I want instead of what it wants, I came across hackers keyboard. Sony warns me that this keyboard may steal that which I type. Is this a real worry with this keyboard?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

That's a standard warning for any keyboard you install. Hacker's Keyboard is just a name. It's named that way because it contains functions like the F1-F12 keys and other keys you find on a full PC keyboard, which incidentally, hackers use. As if normal people don't. But if you install Swiftkey or TouchPal keyboards, you still get that warning. Keyboard apps have functions that let them save the words you type for predictive purposes. Eventually they'll be able to predict whole sentences for you. It comes down on how much you trust the developers that they won't use what you type. I can't say for Hackers Keyboard, but I do believe that Swiftkey and TouchPal keyboards are from trustworthy developers. I've used them a lot over the years.

Hadron likes this.
  3. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

Are there any that do not have an auto correct feature (there is apparently no way to turn AC off on this phone)? It would also be nice to have the keyboard at the top of the screen. Also, your avatar is extremely disturbing.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You turn off autocorrect in the keyboard settings. And I do not know of any keyboard that put it at the top of the screen. That just seems so unnnatural, that the keyboard be above what you are typing.

Hadron likes this.
  5. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

Is there Koreatown one settings, because the option isnt there.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

7. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

More than. More than means Koreatown in android. You gotsta speak the droid!

And I found the setting under something I didnt think was a menu.