• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is Hydrakernal underclocked compatible with Virtuous?

I just installed Virtuous on my phone and it is pretty great. Now, I just wanted to improve my battery life. So, if Hydrakernal is not compatible then does anyone have any suggestions for a kernal that improves battery life with Virtuous?

Thank You

I'm thinking it is compatible. I've used hydra UC on other sense ROM's just never Virt. You could do a backup, flash it, and see how you like it.

The stock kernel on the latest Virtuous is excellent on battery life. I've run this newer .17 kernel on several sense ROM's and it's #1 imo on smoothness and batt life. It charges quicker than any other kernel I've used and it has the best battery life. I've used it for weeks at a time and compared against other kernels with the same time frame.

A couple of objective pointers for you. Have you reset battery stats in clockwork? If not, bump charge with phone off till green status light. Boot immediately into recovery, go to "advanced", then wipe battery stats. Reboot. Play with it 2-3 days it takes time to settle in idk why, but this is the way it works.

Also are you sure that it is not anything with an app trying to constantly sync or a rogue app draining your battery? Have you monitored what is going on under your battery life usage or tried using an app called "system panel" to monitor how apps are running?

Try these things first before making a conclusion on this stock virtuous kernel because it is excellent. Of course ymmv always can vary and I might be mistaken. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I don't consider my battery life to be that bad. I guess I am just striving for excellence. The stock kernel that came with virtuous was not bad at all, I guess I wanted to test a few out before I settled for one. I have read on a few occasions that some get days off battery life with certain combinations.

Thanks for the response, I will defiantly try the battery stat thing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones