• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is is possible to avoid having to select 'transfer files' from notification bar each time I connect

Wrong. The phone has no way of knowing what port is plugged into it.

Why not? It's connected to a god-damned USB cable. Do you not suppose that some 1s and 0s could be sent in either direction as to communicate and ascertain that the hardware is authorised? Would it not be possible for a phone to communicate a key and then the computer returns an expected response? There's no way of doing that? I don't believe you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not? It's connected to a god-damned USB cable. Do you not suppose that some 1s and 0s could be sent in either direction as to communicate and ascertain that the hardware is authorised? Would it not be possible for a phone to communicate a key and then the computer returns an expected response? There's no way of doing that? Don't talk rubbish.

When you connect your phone, its default behaviour is charge only mode, not file transfer mode. There is no way I know that you can change this as it's a system default. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.
A minor inconvenience I agree, but it is probably for security reasons. There is no authorisation protocol.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Connect via the home network and your problem is solved...

What program to you use to do that? I have an app that I have to manually start and then go through a couple of menus each time I want to enable access via the network and then I have to manually type in the IP address and port number into Windows Explorer (I can figure out how to make a desktop shortcut though). It's quicker to physically connect to a micro USB cable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones