1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is it bad android or my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SuperAkuma, Jul 25, 2010.

1. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Here is my story. I came from an iphone 3gs. That was a great phone but I hated that you had to jailbreak the phone to really use it. When my phone crashed and forced to upgrade to OS4 I was really pissed that I couldn't go back. OS4 really sucked and the multi-task sucked even more.

I've always liked the Android concept where everything was "free and unlocked". Where you are not crippled because SOMEONE up above said no to a feature.

So my first phone is the Samsung Galaxy S Captivity. Hardware wise, this thing was beautiful. As a photographer I really like the screen, it makes my image "pop" out. It is fast and didn't have to JB to do the things that I wanted to do, PERFECT.

Today was the 2nd day using it. After playing around with it more I found many flaws or weakness on the phone.

GPS-It didn't work out the box. No big deal I was able to fix this.

DoubleTwist didn't work like how I wanted it to. Can't sync playlist from the computer to the phone. I can sync the songs with no problem, just can't sort it with playlist.

It is starting to get sluggish. This is supposed to be a fast phone, but there is a noticeable delay when I press back or go home.

The biggest deal is the email feature. I can work with all the minor flaws above but one thing that I can't stand is the email client. No instant push email. I mean it does have it, but it is really slow. Might as well log in manually from the brower. I am not sure if this is the Samsung Galaxy S phone's problem or Android in general. Everyone on the Captivity subforum has a problem with sycing with yahoo mail. It may sync but can't update. Also all the other mail pushing is really slow.
    Email pushing is really important to me. I hate to referrer to the iphone but it was instant. I would expect the "super fast" Captivity would be as well.

I've read that the stock email client is not so great on android. So is this a problem with my type of phone only or is this with all android phones? I am willing to switch to t-moblie or verizon for a better android experience.

Advertisement

2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    New York, NY
    Download DoubleTwist desktop client. It will allow you to sync playlists from iTunes to your phone.