1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Is it because of 4G?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Exe44, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Exe44

Exe44 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    My EVO battery (with GPS on and 4G scanning on) was very good till Friday. In the evening hours I still had approx. 30% juice in the battery.

Something must have happened on Friday (software upgrade?) and my battery gets depleted before 5 p.m.

I did not change any settings in the phone. I did not change the way I use the phone, either.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I watched a short video in good quality on Friday. It was the first time I watched video on my EVO. It was a movie trailer in good quality and remember clicking on something before the video started to play.

I also noticed that my EVO picks up 4G more frequently than before Friday. Did Sprint turn on more towers in NYC?

Advertisement

2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Mad Scientist! MUAHAHAHA!
    Richmond, TX
    I did notice that when I turn on 4G, that the toggle will switch back off after about a minute, then kept on switching on, then off constantly. I had 85% battery after lunch, and 2 hours later my phone died at around 3-4% juice left. Not sure if both issues are connected somehow.