• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it best to always have the newest version of clockworkMod recovery?

natorade93

Aug 17, 2010
New York
i just discovered that in the ROM manager app you can update your clockworkmod recovery version, i updated to v2.5.0.1 and when i boot into recovery mode it looks completely different now, its a different color green, its got different options, and instead of pressing home as the ok you have to scroll down past like 7 no's to get to yes. is it supposed to be like this and should i always keep it updated? is there anything else i should always check updates for? im running froyo nightlys on a (sprint) cdma htc hero with google

i also noticed that with the new version of this clockwork mod recovery, when you click on nandroid and then backup, it backs up all different stuff into a clockwork folder, not the nandroid folder, does that mean that this is doing away with nandroid completely? and which is better? nandroids always got errors for me anyways so im jw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones