• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it branded?

yeah because ins't 1.32.405.3 the number after the latest update? See when I asked the guy at P4U if it was unbranded he said yes because the phones they have are allocated for use with Vodaphone, but as he was able to sell it to me with Orange it meant they was unbranded.

So why the hell is this App on my phone lol

Upvote 0
Actually - easy answer here.

P4U are really awful for letting people play with the phones in the shop before selling them on to other customers.

If I had to guess, yours wasn't sealed and previously it had been brought out to show someone interested in buying it on an Orange contract. They asked about whether they could get the orange wednesday's android app or whatever so the salesperson loaded something orange-related onto it to show them?

Just a guess... Can you uninstall the app. That's usually a clue as to whether it's cooked into the ROM.

Upvote 0
This sounds as if it is orange sim related. Easiest way to find out, is if you have a sim from another network, slip it in and see if the app is still there. What does the app do? does it simply give you links to orange services? if so then it is the same as the sim toolkit on the vodafone network, which gives links to things such as customer services travel and account information. The 405 code is sim free version, so there should be no branding at all.

Upvote 0
This sounds as if it is orange sim related. Easiest way to find out, is if you have a sim from another network, slip it in and see if the app is still there. What does the app do? does it simply give you links to orange services? if so then it is the same as the sim toolkit on the vodafone network, which gives links to things such as customer services travel and account information. The 405 code is sim free version, so there should be no branding at all.

It is, mine is totally unbranded and I have the same icon, it is just the info the phone puts in when you select your service provider, I have a wildfire and that is totally unbranded I put my Orange sim card in, that icon links to Orange, I put my T Mobile sim in and the same icon now links to T Mobile.

Fear not the OP has not been done!

Andrew

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones