1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Is it charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rpoling, May 15, 2012.

1. rpoling

rpoling New Member

Apr 13, 2012
    How do I know if the Avail is charging? I've been having trouble with my phone and am trying to determine if it is the battery or the charger jack. I just put a brand new, uncharged battery in. At first, an animation of a battery charging showed up on the screen, but after about 10 seconds, it went blank. The back key (bottom right) is red. Is that a charging indicator? Is there any way to know when it is fully charged, other than to turn it on and check the battery indicator icon?

Advertisement

2. mikec628

mikec628 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    alabama
    after a few hours you should be able to tap the home key (center) and it will show if fully charged or if still charging.

3. chrismbrunner

chrismbrunner Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    All of that means charging. At any time you should be able to touch a button and the battery indication should come on the screen. If the red light is on it is charging.

4. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    IRCop & Dev
    WV
    The back bottom turns green when fully charged.

5. SteveCampsOut

SteveCampsOut Well-Known Member

I just bought this ZTE 990g Merit from Walmart last night to replace my bricked Samsung Infuse on Straight Talk. It's been charging over night and when I turn it on the phone shuts off after 30-45 seconds and the battery shows itself as dead again!

Tags: