1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it difficult to unlock the T-Mobile version of the Oneplus 8?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ReneV, Jan 15, 2022.

1. ReneV

ReneV Lurker

Right now the Oneplus 8 is on sale on the oneplus official website for 250 dlls. The problem is that I need the international version and that one is out of stock right now but the T-Mobile version is available. Should I buy the T-Mobile version and just unlock it? Is that possible? I also don't want all the crapware that T-Mobile installs in their phones. Can I install the original OS without it being too high of a risk of me messing up the phone forever?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this and I appreciate any advice I can get

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

If you need the international version, the USA version may share some frequencies but I believe that some are different as well.

Unlocking the device will not change this.

A device that is locked to a carrier is subject to be used on that carrier for a prescribed amount of time (usually one year) before a carrier will unlock it, and then they may also charge a fee.

It is not worth it in ny opinion.

You will still be stuck with T-Mobile 'crapware' and there may be more differences than that.

I did look on XDA about this matter, and although I am no expert, it seems that the device must be unlocked, rooted, and then a global ROM installed.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. iBowToAndroid

iBowToAndroid Android Enthusiast

You won't be able to SIM unlock the device yourself. You would need to get assistance from a professional 3rd party business that offers SIM unlocking. We can provide a recommendation for a trusted company if needed

4. maysloof

maysloof Newbie

I think you can unlock the T-Mobile version of Oneplus 8. The mobile operator may refuse you, nothing surprising. Most likely, the reason may be the current debt. However, there are other ways to do this.
    I had the same case where I was not satisfied with my mobile operator. I wanted to change it and went to them for unlocking. In the end, I got rejected. After some searches for solutions to the problem, I found a company https://priorityunlock.com/2022/02/25/how-to-unlock-unpaid-att-phone/, which deals with unlocking unpaid phones. The guys solved my problem, and I could switch to another mobile operator without any problems.

#4 maysloof, Mar 2, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022

OnePlus 8 Forum

The OnePlus 8 release date was April 14th 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.55" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4300mAh battery.

April 14th 2020
Release Date
Reviews