• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it just me or is google search really slow

boatman

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
Ever since the update, when the google search became integrated with the cards etc, it seems that it takes forever to get me an answer.

If i need to look up the phone number or address of a restuarant, I used to go to my browser which was opened to google.com, type in the name and within a few seconds, got the info.

Now when I type that name into google search, it seems like it takes minutes, like it is looking thru everything. All I want is the listing of the restuarant so I can call my order in. Or is it just me?!

Ever since the update, when the google search became integrated with the cards etc, it seems that it takes forever to get me an answer.

If i need to look up the phone number or address of a restuarant, I used to go to my browser which was opened to google.com, type in the name and within a few seconds, got the info.

Now when I type that name into google search, it seems like it takes minutes, like it is looking thru everything. All I want is the listing of the restuarant so I can call my order in. Or is it just me?!

It's not you at all. I noticed this a well from way back on the last update when we went to 4.1.1 and added Google Now. It is dog a$$ SLOW! I hate it and don't use it a all any more. I'm not sure the what the deal is, but it's all but useless. And the newest update I got a couple days ago did not fix anything either.

I'm seriously considering leaving the RAZR MAXX line anyway. It's been a good phone and I love the battery life but I'm thinking of giving the Note II a try. Time will tell.

I should clarify that this is only using the Google Now activated by holding the home button and then sliding up to the Google button that appears. If I use the regular Google app then it is just as fast as it always is/was. I just did a test and did a random search on drummer Buddy Rich - with Google Now activation it took almost 45 seconds before it gave me the Google listing. Using the Google app it took less than two seconds. Clearly the integration of this feature is grossly flawed.

Upvote 0
What version of Google Search are you running? Under a prior Google Search update, I was seeing slow responses on my initial search and then immediate responses on subsequent searches. But if I stopped using the phone for awhile, if I did a new Google Search, I would see the delayed response again on the first search. For me, the latest update corrected that and now I'm getting immediate responses on all of my attempts. I'm on a stock RAZR MAXX running 4.1.2 with Google Search version 2.6.7.721924.arm. There were a lot of similar complaints from others on the Google Product Forums, but for most, the latest update of Google Search solved their delayed response problems too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones