1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it lost?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jowe48, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jowe48

jowe48 Lurker

I dropped my galaxy GT-I9100 in water during my vacation. The next few hours all function returned and I used it for a full week. When I returned at hom I re-flashed the phone with I9300_Omega_v45.1_XXUFME3_md5_2588F4A59718C762E44E 5DAE8C3380EB.zip Then almost nothing worked any more. It is stuck in boot. No recovery mode possible. Downloadmode is working (on screen in this mode: Odin mode, Product name: GT-i9100, Custom Binary download: no, current binary: samsung official). But it is not possible for me to connect with the pc and use Odin. Tried different cables and PC's.
    In despair I brought the phone to a repair centre. They gave it a treatment against moisture. But they could not connect to the PC either. Even after renewing the USB port. They gave me the advise not to send it to Samsung because of the waterdrop. (to expensive).
    Is it lost? Or ........?????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Hi jowe :ciao: and welcome to the forums.

I don't have the i9100, but it looks to me like you installed a rom for the Galaxy S3 i9300 on your Galaxy S2 i9100. Unless there is something in the i9100 world I don't know about, doing something like that will usually result in a brick.

You could try a place like MobileTechVideos.com for their JTAG repair.

3. jowe48

jowe48 Lurker

Thanks Atma. I will give that a try. I looked for such a place in Holland and found one. I have send the phone to them. I'll let you know.

Atma likes this.
  4. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

Good luck. Hope they get it going ok.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews