• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it me or is my battery much worse than everyone else?

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
I have had the phone for about a week. I have charged it about 4 times now. This is what I get before I have to charge:

Phone on for 9 hours
About 30 text messages
60 minutes of phone conversations
About 50 minutes total on internet
About 45 minutes setting up my screens and moving apps around

After this the battery goes DEAD!!! Just does not seem right. Should I expect an improvement after a few more charges? Any suggestions? Thanks

Smudgie, just check some threads to check out some options you can uncheck to save some power.

Some apps auto update like every 15 mintues which really kill your battery. Make sure to change them to 1-2 hours. Weather, etc is so easy to just refresh yourself and it'll save some battery.

Brightness/gps on/bluetooth/wifi also all make a difference.

Depending on your job, I carry a car charger and a usb charger for the office. The battery life isn't the best...but these options will help.

Upvote 0
The biggest thing I have found to help with battery life is charging the phone with the phone off if you don't have a second battery. You will get an extra 10 - 15 minute charge (after the light turned green with the phone on) and will make the phone last 4 hours more at least.

If you can't live with the phone off for that short while, I can't, then buy a second OEM battery from Verizon. You can get them for around $20 and an inexpensive charger for around $5 off ebay. I charge at night, pull the battery, put my fully charged one in, then charge the one I just pulled on the external. It's then ready for the swap tomorrow. It's easy and makes a world of difference. I don't even look at the battery indicator any longer. (but I still have a charger handy in my car, I'm a heavy user.. music occasionally, internet, wifi, animated wallpaper, everything turned on to sync all the time)

Have not hit the wall yet with a constant 15 hours of use, whereas I used to bomb out at 10 hours like you did.

Upvote 0
I have had the phone for about a week. I have charged it about 4 times now. This is what I get before I have to charge:

Phone on for 9 hours
About 30 text messages
60 minutes of phone conversations
About 50 minutes total on internet
About 45 minutes setting up my screens and moving apps around

After this the battery goes DEAD!!! Just does not seem right. Should I expect an improvement after a few more charges? Any suggestions? Thanks

Given that the battery life is rated at "up to 312 minutes talk time" (per Verizon Incredible page), you are just about on par. "Screen on" time will probably place a little more stress on the battery than just using the radio, so its not too far off.

Upvote 0
i dont know if this would be an option for you also, but i have the widget to turn the mobile web off, on a screen.

since i started to stop the web when i am not really using it, i have saved tremendous amount of battery time. i got phone day of launch, so have been charging it since. i havent used the phone the last few days other than some txting, 15-20 mins calls, 10 mins web browsing max and 20 minutes of gaming and i am sitting at 62 hours up, 2 hours awake with 3 bars remaining...

Upvote 0
I have seen worse out there. Some people barely get 10 hours with no use.

Search the forum and you will see quite a few threads on this.

Yes, that's me. I've done everything I could from all the threads about battery saving tips blabla

I have everything off except 3G. My awake time is about 3hours. Up time is about 8-10 hours(usually). It would ask for charger.

Do you guys think I should get a replacement battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones