1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is it my imagination?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bovineman61, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Bovineman61

Bovineman61 Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    A few years ago I had a Samsung Galaxy S3. When the Kit Kat update came out It seemed like it was only about a month later the OTA update came on my device. Now my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. It just seems like an eternity in electronics terms for the Marshmallow update to hit either of our devices. My carrier is AT&T. Does it seem this way to anyone else?

Advertisement

2. bperella

bperella Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2012
    I got my Marshmallow upgrade on my Note 5 last week on Verizon.

3. sswingle

sswingle Member
    None

May 17, 2010
    They seemed to get L pushed out faster than they are getting M out. Maybe they ran into issues, but the good news is the M updates seem to be coming out now.

4. Bovineman61

Bovineman61 Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2016
    Male
    It is expected that the Nexus would be the 1st to get the update. Android M was available to it back in Dec. Here it is Mar and still no Android M on the Note 5 through AT&T. I think that is a bit long as Android updates go considering the get pushed out about once a year. That is 1/4 of the life of the update. To me this is pure BS IMHO.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.