1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it okay to restore apps and data?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Terabethia, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Terabethia

Terabethia Android Expert

I just flashed the lastest Nightly from CyanogenMod to my phone and so far, so good. Got myself a fancy new kernal, too :D

I did a full "apps and data" backup before I wiped/flashed. I am now wondering if it is okay to do a store of both the apps and data, or if I should just do apps. I am coming from Virtuous ROM.

I don't care about most of the data, but I would like to have it for at least a few of my apps, namely folder organizer (I dread the idea of setting that up again!), my "notes" app and I have a weight/fitness tracker with two years of data on it.

I guess I could always try and see and if it screws up, wipe again and reinstall. But hopefully you guys can just tell me if it's okay before I waste the time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Terabethia

Terabethia Android Expert

I think I may have figured it out. There are 3 options, Restore Apps, Restore Apps and Data and Restore Apps and System Data.

I think it's System Data that I need to stay away from so it doesn't conflict with the new ROM. So I choose the Apps + App Data.

I'll be back if it didn't work =)

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah, I always restore apps + data. Very rarely do i restore system data.

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Same here...if I want to be extra careful I'll batch restore just the apps (no data), and then go through and restore the app data for the apps I care about.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews