1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Is it possible awake time doesn't affect battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fwicks, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Fwicks

Fwicks Member

Oct 2, 2009
    I guess I could have posted this in one of the 8 million "battery fix"/"awake time" threads, but it's kind of a different question/situation. I did the fix when I got the phone around the middle of the month, and my awake time is still showing 100% and has never changed. However, my battery life is awesome. The first day or two, it was at a critical battery level after only about 3-4 hours of very minimal texting and no talking or web browsing. Since disabling the stock messaging app and installing ChompSMS, it is still usually at 50% after 10 hours of heavy texting, moderate talking, app use, browsing, and wifi. Is it possible that the awake time doesn't affect battery life? Anyone else finding themselves in a similar situation? I am not complaining at all, just curious if maybe these battery problems people are reporting are not necessarily directly related to awake time. (And by the way, I installed HandCentSMS first, and battery life did not improve, so uninstalled and tried ChompSMS which seemed to help.)

Advertisement

Tags: