1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is it possible, Incredible tablet, no phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xcasey, Feb 11, 2011.

1. xcasey

xcasey Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I have an Incredible with a bad esn and theoretically want it to function like a tablet and use it for web/music/games like an iPod Touch. I would like to remove the phone features completely but I don't know if it's possible. Anyone know. Currently it's rooted and running Incredibly-Re-Engineered-v2 ROM.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You don't need to remove the phone features... Just don't use them... Maybe I'm not understanding the question. But I guess you could use the sdk or titanium to delete the phone apps but it might cause it to become unstable.
    No word on a stable honeycomb build which would be what you are looking for. Or if you could get a nook or galaxy tab rom ported.

3. xcasey

xcasey Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Thanks for the reply. Right now I am using the phone for music and web and just ignoring the phone-specific features, the galaxy tab/nook rom is more of what I had in mind. I get that it's basically the same thing but since I don't really care about this phone I want to play around a little.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Sounds like a cool idea, but probably not enough developer support to get a stable port to the incredible. If you don't care too much about the phone, I wouldn't be too afraid to experiment and maybe start disabling the phone features with titanium or the sdk and see what happens.