• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible that a 4.3 Rom uses more battery?

do you have the nexus 4?

it will depend. some roms have speed tweaks that might make it drain slightly faster. most of the time it is the kernel that comes with the rom that might be the culprit.

I have q Nexus 4 and was wondering what kernal would be good for battery life? And that would work with this ROM.

Upvote 0
ok so i moved you to the nexus 4 ATR for better eyes.

well i do not have your device, but kernels usually (at least on my og evo and evo 4g lte) will vary from phone to phone. what might work for your nexus 4 may not work on other nexus 4. the best way is to try them out and see what works for you. also i would give it a day or two before moving on. you can find some of the kernels here:http://androidforums.com/nexus-4-al...nexus-4-all-things-root-guide-12-18-12-a.html

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I switched to a 4.3 ROM on Friday and battery was terrible. I flashed the .84 radio yesterday (it the one that was included in the stock 4.3 update) and it seems to have sorted it.

If that hadn't have worked, I would've gone for a new kernel.

People recommend Faux or Franco a fair bit, so you might want to try either of those. You need to be careful though as there are 2 4.3 builds (JSS & JWR) so you'd need to flash the appropriate kernel for whatever your ROM is based on. You can find that out in Settings -> About Phone.

Reactions: jmar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones