1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it possible to control both ringtone and notification with volume button on the side?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, May 23, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Galaxy s8+. I was under the impression the volume button on the side would allow you to control both the ringtone and the notification (texts) sound volume with one action. Is that correct? If that is not the case, is there a way I can avoid using the down arrow and adjust the notification volume every time I want it to just match the ringtone? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Try looking in Settings > Sounds and notifications. On my LG G6 i have a very Samsung feeling seperate slider there. One for Ringtones and one for Notifications.

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

Although this was definitely a feature in some previous versions of Android, I don't think that there is any way to change the ringtone and notifications volume simultaneously on the S8+.

I use the Sound mode settings (Settings > Sounds and vibration ) by configuring the desired volumes on Sound and Vibrate modes and use Mute when required.

You can then easily switch between the 3 modes as required by dragging down from the top of the screen and toggling the sound icon (a little speaker).

I hope that this is of some help to you.

4. 73tawm

73tawm Lurker

When you hit the volume rocker up or down you'll get the volume line window pop up. In the corner of that window is an arrow. Push that and the window drops open allowing you to adjust ringtone, notification, media, and system. So you can adjust them all at one time.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews