• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to control both ringtone and notification with volume button on the side?

D

Deleted User

Galaxy s8+. I was under the impression the volume button on the side would allow you to control both the ringtone and the notification (texts) sound volume with one action. Is that correct? If that is not the case, is there a way I can avoid using the down arrow and adjust the notification volume every time I want it to just match the ringtone? Thank you.

Although this was definitely a feature in some previous versions of Android, I don't think that there is any way to change the ringtone and notifications volume simultaneously on the S8+.

I use the Sound mode settings (Settings > Sounds and vibration ) by configuring the desired volumes on Sound and Vibrate modes and use Mute when required.

You can then easily switch between the 3 modes as required by dragging down from the top of the screen and toggling the sound icon (a little speaker).

I hope that this is of some help to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones