• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to disable/change the way we navigate pages on android home screen?

Try nova launcher, it supports gestures and such
I have tried Nova Launcher as well, with Nova I can get a different gesture to navigate pages ALONGSIDE the traditional swipe left/right - which I completely want to get rid off :). So essentially I want 2 pages on my home but instead of using left and right gesture to move between them I want swipe up/down and disable the left and right somehow!

Upvote 0
Hmm, in 8 years with android and multiple forums this is actually the first time I've seen someone ask this. Which probably tells you why you can't find a launcher with this feature.

Buttons to switch between desktops, yes. But to disable it sounds like something that risks falling foul of the play store rule prohibiting one app from interfering with another (because you want to block this gesture specifically from the launcher). I think it would probably be easier to write a launcher with the option (though who is going to do that without evidence of more demand?).

Upvote 0
Hmm, in 8 years with android and multiple forums this is actually the first time I've seen someone ask this. Which probably tells you why you can't find a launcher with this feature.

Buttons to switch between desktops, yes. But to disable it sounds like something that risks falling foul of the play store rule prohibiting one app from interfering with another (because you want to block this gesture specifically from the launcher). I think it would probably be easier to write a launcher with the option (though who is going to do that without evidence of more demand?).

Interesting that I am the only person that you are now aware of to ask such a question! I wish I had the time to write a new launcher from ground up myself but unfourentely I do not :) and like you said demand seems to be very limited for the feature as most probably those who wanted the feature may have given up or found a work around - I have one in back of my mind but I'd rather avoid. I did contact Nova to see if they can introduce something; lets see how it goes (fingers cross).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones