• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to downgrade?

DJjay

Apr 13, 2011
Essex, UK
They certainly don't make it very convenient to switch back, especially now that they've stopped putting firmware installers (RUUs) on their website and are shifting to OTA updates. I think all they do is offer to take the phone off you and downgrade it that way, but I'm sure that takes them ages.

But those firmware installers do make their way to the internet anyway, so we have you covered should downgrading be necessary.

Hi there,

I'm looking to 'downgrade' my Incredible S' Gingerbread back to Froyo - is there any way to do that myself via a firmware installer etc, bearing in mind the phone is not rooted? I'm posting here as the Incredible S forum doesn't seem to have much support, whereas this one does!

Thanks,
Jon.

Any Acknowledgement or response from HTC regarding this wifi issue??

Thanks..

Yes, but not a useful one saying they will be fixing it. They seem to see it as a 'feature' they've added!! See below:

Dear Jon Gapes,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC Incredible S.

Jon, HTC is a forward thinking company and appreciates any feedback received from its customers. Your comments have been passed to the appropriate department for consideration.

In regards to the Wi-Fi, we included a new feature in our phones that will automatically switch between Wi-Fi and 3G data connections based on which connection is stronger. Wi-Fi and data connections can sometimes fluctuate depending on the distance and environment you are in. In order to provide you with the most seamless experience online, your phone will automatically switch from Wi-Fi to 3g if the Wi-Fi signal becomes too weak.

In order to prevent that I would advise you to switch the mobile network OFF and also switch "Best WiFi Perfomance" under the Wifi Advanced Settings.

I hope that this information meets with your requirements, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Alessandra

HTC

Reactions: kumar3234
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones