• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to Flash the Droid to Cricket?

Yes, I rooted my Droid and have been poking around for about a week now. I may be wrong but I think the data settings for the Droid are under APNS. There's a file under etc called apns-conf.xml which shows the following information:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<apns version="6">
<apn carrier="Verizon"
mcc="310"
mnc="004"
apn="internet"
user="*"
server="*"
password="*"
mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
/>
</apns>

I assume that if this file is edited using information from another carrier like Cricket it would work but I may be wrong. The other issue is using chmod to allow this file to be overwritten or edited from within the Droid. As far as the Cricket and other PRL files I got mine from this website: Corolada PRL Page

Hope this helps,
xsylus

Reactions: pagerplus
Upvote 0
the droid CAN BE FLASHED, but not yet a full flash, you get your talk and text with no problems, you cant do pic messaging nor can you do internet, but if u have wifi at home you can take full advantage of your gmail account (or any other email account) and send your pic messaging through them. (cricket gives you an email number or whatever you wanna call it) adress,....2105551234@cricket.sms.com
or something similar to that, and you can have ppl send it like that, or as you become familiar with it, you can learn to go around things. I've come to enjoy my droid, and not having those features, which the experts claim to have fully working in the near future, dont bother me much, im at home the majority of the time, so i can feed off my wifi, and still use my phone as it was intended to be used

=)

Reactions: chronos16
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones