• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it possible to get HTC Sense on motorola droid X?

Sense is just collective theme/skinning HTC does on their phone, that's it. Don't overthink it.

Sense offers a large number of features beyond just visuals enhancements. A couple examples of things it offers that you won't find on the X... it has a T9 based dialer, leap for intuitively/quickly switching between home screens as well as a tight contact integration with social services. You can find 3rd party software to replace much of this functionality but usually it isn't going to be quite as seamless and integrated as what sense provides.

That said, like anything else, it's just a set of features to take into account when evaluating a phone. I place more emphasis on hardware features/issues because those can't be fixed with a software patch the way the missing sense functionality can. i.e. the good call reception and noise cancelling on the X can't be duplicated in software on the incredible.

Upvote 0
What do you mean, you "love HTC sense"?

Do you mean you love the skin with the bright colors and layout and the three button dock and the pinch-to-view-homescreens?

Do you mean you love the weather animations?

Do you love the widgets? Some feature or function that works well for you? A live wallpaper?

What do you love about Sense?

Because no, there is no way to get Sense on your Droid X. Depending on what specifically you love about it, there may be something that will emulate it perfectly well. So nail down what you love about it, and then you'll be able to have a real answer.

Upvote 0
Sense offers a large number of features beyond just visuals enhancements. A couple examples of things it offers that you won't find on the X... it has a T9 based dialer, leap for intuitively/quickly switching between home screens as well as a tight contact integration with social services. You can find 3rd party software to replace much of this functionality but usually it isn't going to be quite as seamless and integrated as what sense provides.

That said, like anything else, it's just a set of features to take into account when evaluating a phone. I place more emphasis on hardware features/issues because those can't be fixed with a software patch the way the missing sense functionality can. i.e. the good call reception and noise cancelling on the X can't be duplicated in software on the incredible.
The "Leap" is just pinch zoom. The Launcher Pro have it on their free version, and is probably much more customizable. I've been using since I've downloaded that program. As for the rest, I'm sure there are apps/widgets for it as well.

As you said, it won't be integrated because it isn't as deeply embedded into the core of the OS rom, but yea you can get a similar experience for sure. Nothing you can't really replace though.

Upvote 0
What do you mean, you "love HTC sense"?

Do you mean you love the skin with the bright colors and layout and the three button dock and the pinch-to-view-homescreens?

Do you mean you love the weather animations?

Do you love the widgets? Some feature or function that works well for you? A live wallpaper?

What do you love about Sense?

Because no, there is no way to get Sense on your Droid X. Depending on what specifically you love about it, there may be something that will emulate it perfectly well. So nail down what you love about it, and then you'll be able to have a real answer.
the dock the clock, leap (even though i already have the clock and leap) i know im missing some things but yeah just the way that it looks

Upvote 0
The "Leap" is just pinch zoom. The Launcher Pro have it on their free version, and is probably much more customizable. I've been using since I've downloaded that program. As for the rest, I'm sure there are apps/widgets for it as well.

As you said, it won't be integrated because it isn't as deeply embedded into the core of the OS rom, but yea you can get a similar experience for sure. Nothing you can't really replace though.

Agreed, but it's more then a theme. It's widgets and other sense specific apps like the examples I listed earlier.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
btw... want to add that if you want the T9 style dialer on the X I've heard Dialer One is a good (free) option.

It's very good. I use it and it works in horizontal orientation, too.

Regarding sense, I prefer using widgetlocker, LPP and BW. It gives me far more freedom. I especially like the rotary screen lock. It's smoooooth. I replaced the sense unlock with it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones