• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to get the Date on the screen display?

My default clock widget has time and date. It is the Telus version, here is a screen shot. What does the T-Mobile one look like?

Attachments

• Telus-SIIX-Clock.jpg
    Telus-SIIX-Clock.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0
You could do that back in the olden days (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile Era) with a registry editor. The date and time would always be at the top of the screen. With the Android OS I think you need to be able to create a custom ROM. Way, Way, Way over my skill level. :eek:

Did you know that when you're not running the screen lock you can just hold down on the time and the date will show up on the left of the status bar for about 2 seconds?

HTH you biggalaxy.

Reactions: Jenius1to
Upvote 0
Greetings earthlings,
May I start my Phandroid life by saying thanks to all of you who share your tips & knowledge about our little wonders.
And it makes me wonder why the simple questions need to be asked in the first place? I'm still gonna vote the iPhone UI as superior.
But I do like serviceable/usable machines.
As for bigG's desire for a date stamp,I would think not having to get all touchy/feely to simply look at the date is a Big +.
JMO
J1to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones