• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to have too many volume changes?

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
One of the things that bugs me about my Droid is that the volume rocker is too easily hit, resulting in accidental volume changes to/from silent mode. My solution has been to use Tasker to set the volume as desired every minute.

Looking back at my days of working with dial-up modems, I remember a guy who set the modem init string to write to memory every time the modem initialized. After about 1000 or so modem initializations, the modem failed to retain the written information because the flash memory used in the modem was only good for a limited number of writes.

Am I in danger of running into a similar problem on my Droid, where it no longer retains the settings because I've written them too many times?

One of the things that bugs me about my Droid is that the volume rocker is too easily hit, resulting in accidental volume changes to/from silent mode. My solution has been to use Tasker to set the volume as desired every minute.

Looking back at my days of working with dial-up modems, I remember a guy who set the modem init string to write to memory every time the modem initialized. After about 1000 or so modem initializations, the modem failed to retain the written information because the flash memory used in the modem was only good for a limited number of writes.

Am I in danger of running into a similar problem on my Droid, where it no longer retains the settings because I've written them too many times?

technology has advanced quite a bit since then. i dont think you should have too much of a problem. though i would be worried about say using 1mb of ram and then only 98% of the ram used coming back. which results in 2% of that 1mb not becoming free, resulting in over time, a ram shortage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones