1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is it possible to increase haptic feedback?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DJjay, Apr 14, 2011.

1. DJjay

DJjay Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    IT Analyst
    Essex, UK
    Hi,

When comparing the Desire S and Incredible S instore, I noticed the Incredible S has a noticeably weaker haptic feedback on both the buttons and the on-screen keyboard, compared to the Desire S.

You could say the Desire S is much more 'buzzy', which I prefer coming from a phone with physical keys.

Is there any way to increase this haptic feedback level, either via settings or a third party app? I could not find any setting apart from off/on when I spent a good hour comparing them! :thinking:

Thanks.
    Jon.

Advertisement

2. Siddd

Siddd Newbie
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Engineer
    India
    Jon, did you check if the Touch input settings (sound feedback and vibration) were same for both the handsets?

Otherwise, it might be due to the fact that Desire S is running Gingerbread and Incredible S is still on Froyo...

3. DJjay

DJjay Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    IT Analyst
    Essex, UK
    Yes, vibration was on for both. It's a noticeable difference across the buttons and screen, which I was hoping could be turned up on the Incredible. Sadly, I don't think a software update will resolve it, but you never know.

4. Siddd

Siddd Newbie
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Engineer
    India
  5. DJjay

DJjay Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    IT Analyst
    Essex, UK
    Hope that's positive news for me, but it's also a lack of feedback on the buttons, not just the keyboard - so I have my doubts that the Gingerbread software will fix it. I think HTC have just toned it down on this device compared to the Desire and Desire S. :(

6. nardva

nardva Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    It could be that the Desire S has more of a metal structure than the Incredible S. I think metal holds vibration better than plastic. Or maybe the piece that vibrates in the phone placed in a different location on the Desire S compared to the Incredible S.