• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to lower the strength of the vibration?

tcv

Mar 16, 2010
NJ
When I put my phone on vibrate it is to avoid annoying other people. But I feel that the vibration strength on most phones is too high, and although I won't be receiving my Captivate until Friday, I'd like to know if there is an option to do this, with or without root.

Unfortunately the only way to adjust vibration is for haptic feedback, not for any notifications you have set using vibrate. This is really frustrating because I have my SMS notification on Vibrate and it even vibrates while I'm on a call; so yesterday I was talking on the phone for business and all of a sudden there was a very loud and strong vibration near the earpiece while an SMS came in.

Samsung: why does this vibrate while I'm on the phone? It shouldn't vibrate while on a call, very disruptive.

Upvote 0
That is the thing about SAMSUNG , I hate the fact that Vibration in Samsung is very terrible , honestly. I have a problem with the SAMSUNG BEHOLD II , now I am trying to avoid any android or smart phones from Samsung. ( Again, very bad customer service , very bad update ) Same old roots like that SAMSUNG BEHOLD II Problem , now SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE IS the next victim.

Even though this phone was fast , but it still build from the root of Samsung Wizard interface , bad vibration ( we can't reduce the amount of vibration in samsung - fact) . It only reduces the amount of haptic feedback only . I am fortunate that I can sell back my Samsung Behold II .

No more SAMSUNG ANDROID , I am going to get HTC ARIA which is a bit smaller screen , but I am confident with its functionality such as phone quality, setting functionality and overall the phone itself is magnificent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones