• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to make a .kdz with a stock device??

Odin89

Android Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2013
heart of tx
www.google.com
Hey all, looking for clarity on the subject. I bricked my lg volt 2 from boost mobile almost intentionally trying to see what i could get away with as i was under the week warranty. Anyways i learned lg users have to use a tool to flash stock firmware to the device. The image or stock firmware that you are to use is in .kdz and .tot extensions. Turns out there is no .kdz for this device anywhere... I got my device replaced but i see this problem all over the web, i would like to for myself as well as all the other device owners to make or pull the kdz from this device. The bootloaders locked possibly forever so this would be incredibly useful. I have full root and can pull anything from the phone. Also i found the source code for the device. Is making a kdz from a stock phone even possible or something only lg can do?? I turn to the incredibly intelligent :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones