• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to make an array perform maths

The thing is, I am trying to create an app that will get the eigenvalues of a matrix. I've managed to get its characteristic equation. The eigenvalues are the roots of this characteristic equation. If I find the roots using the following formula,
cubic.gif
I will get three different values which need to be assigned to a variable/array for me to be able to put them in a pop-up box. Could you please help me?

Upvote 0
I for one do not understand your question.

If you provide values for a, b, c, and d your equation will apparently give you the calculated value x.

What is the question about a variable/array?

The way to learn Tasker is to do something simple ... when that works ... add to it. In essence you nibble away at creating the solution.

The best way to communicate your question is to post the Tasker task that you created.

... Thom

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I am still without a clue as to what the question is.

In Tasker you can store three values in three variables or one array with three elements, It is a question of how you like to think about your organization. An example ...

Dev3 (18)
A1: Variable Set [ Name:%one To:a Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A2: Variable Set [ Name:%two To:b Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A3: Variable Set [ Name:%three To:c Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A4: Array Set [ Variable Array:%four Values:a,b,c Splitter:, ]
A5: Flash [ Text:%one - %two - %three Long:Off ]
A6: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:3 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A7: Flash [ Text:%four1 - %four2 - %four3 Long:Off ]

... Thom

Upvote 0
An embarrassing mistake! I just realised there are a few more steps after the one mentioned above to yield three different results. I wish I'd never made this post. Extremely sorry for troubling you people. : (
No worries. Sometimes talking your way through it and being questioned leads to the answer. Happy you are all set. Maybe post the answer so if someone else find themselves in a similar spot will have a solution at hand. :)

Reactions: Aniruddha060
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones