• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible to remove cyanogenmod 7.0.3?

ge-orgia

Lurker
Sep 1, 2011
Hey

I'm pretty new to this all and I've been having a few problems. I rooted my Motorola XT502 yesterday and everything worked fine. I also updated android 2.1 (which it came with) to 2.3 using Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 (which i found here). It's all working okay, but there's a few glitches and I decided I'd like to restore the phone back to 2.1.

I'm pretty sure this is possible, because yesterday I updated using an earlier CM and was able to revert to 2.1.

I think the problem may be to do with the fact that CM 7.0.3 is an .nb0 file and the previous CM I used was simply .zip, but I'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, I'm sorry if this thread isn't in the right place - like I said, I'm new :)

(P.S. I used this tutorial to flash the .nb0 file to my phone)

This really would be something best asked in your device's root sub forum. Have you looked to see if there is one? (not familiar with your phone model, sorry)

It's the Motorola Quench apparently.

OP, your devices root subforum is here. However rather than posting again, I'll get a mod to move there for you.

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones