• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible to root from 2.2 or do I have to reset to 2.1?

Zebulon

Android Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2010
Des Moines, Iowa
www.facebook.com
I have been trying to get my Mez rooted for a while now, with no luck whatsoever. I did a bit of researching, and it seems that the version of Froyo that we have is actually 2.2.1, which is incompatible with Z4Root and Super One Click.

Are there any simple ways of rooting 2.2.1, or am I stuck with doing a factory reset and rooting from 2.1?

If I DO reset to 2.1 and root, can I update to Froyo via Kies Mini again?

I used to superoneclick on my showcase whitch is the same as the mesmerize had to turn debuging off thin when it said waiting for device turn it on it worked just fine for me had if you didn't get instruction on turning your debugging on and off go to the step by step root rom for showcase and click the link that's were I got mine

I'm always impressed by the run on sentence. This one is a keeper. A run on and it makes no sense, either. Double score!

Reactions: Country_Gravy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones