• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is it possible to root unavtivated mytouch 3g?

dangerouz

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
I have an old G1 and want to start using a myTouch 3G that i got from someone. I dont have a data plan on T-mobile but i heard that if you can root it and somehow access the WiFi you can activate it without a data plan. so im trying to figure out how to make that work. can anyone help me?
oh and i downloaded Android SDK and extracted it to the C:\AndroidSDK folder like in the video, and when opened cmd prompt and typed the necessary commands, every single command i typed was "unrecognizable" or didnt exist. any ideas?
i cant access the phone at all since i dont have it activated i cant even get to the home screen. and i dont know anyone with a android phone that i can swap out sims
so any help would be GREAT!

thank u. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones