• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it possible to "Select Text" and "Copy" from Android's own SMS app?

My sister sent me a tracking number and I could not find a way to copy it. Just wondering if it's always like this :(

I'm coming from a Windows Mobile phone where you could copy almost anything lol

Long press on the message's text and it will give you an option to copy it.

I am ocming from WinMo too and am finding some things still not too goo in Android compared to old Winmo, but I am then thinking that WinMo has been out there for years while Android is pretty new and I can wait for it to develop better ways of doing stuff.

Upvote 0
long press doesn't bring up any "select text" options, but i figured it out. i have to long press, click on forward, then "select text" :/

It brings up the option to copy it on my Milestone. Maybe you have an HTC phone? I know they change stuff in their firmware. Milestone has no adjustments from Motorola so that is what android is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones