1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it possible to watch Amazon Videos on Bionic?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bondad, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Bondad

Bondad Newbie

I just got my Bionic last week after having the Droid A855 for two years. WOW what a difference.

This weekend I tried to watch an Amazon Prime video (I'm a prime member with a Kindle but Kindle has no HDMI output) and got a message saying "This item is not available for purchase on your device." Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? I really love the ability to hook my Bionic up to my HDTV but cannot get Amazon to cooperate!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

I don't know for Amazon Prime Video but I us the APP "Xternal Display for Droid X" which enables HDMI out to work properly for HBO GO and NFL MOBILE that don't work with the HDMI out (on purpose)...IF DONE CORRECTLY.

Here is the LINK to "Xternal Display for Droid X" (FREE) on the Market:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googamaphone.xternaldisplay&hl=en

I will be interested to here if you can play/download from Amazon.

Dan :)

xmr405o likes this.
  3. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

I'm Amazon Prime and watch their HD streaming movies all the time. They look great!

4. Arkansasguy

Arkansasguy Lurker

The reason is that ur Amazon Prime video is encrypted by DRM, you have to remove it if you want to view it on other devices. Keep in mind that remove DRM from Amazon Prime video is illege if you resell or give away the Non-protection video (movie) ...

5. DanDroide

6. Bondad

Bondad Newbie

Thanks Dan. It looks like this will work but HOW do install this? I downloaded the zip file to my desktop computer and extracted the files to a folder. Do I just copy the folder and files to my Bionic over the USB cable or ?? This is a new process for me. I usually just get apps from the Market.

7. DanDroide

I have downladed apk apps directly to my Bionic but I suppose you can download to you PC and cable transfer it over.

When you go to install, it won't let you unless you first go from
    Home Screen > Menu > Settings > Application > Checkmark next to allow Unknown Sources.

Uncheck after install.

NOTE: THE FORUM EXPERTS WILL CHIME IN SHORTLY TO GIVE ALTERATIVES, I'M SURE. IT'S A GOOD THING! :)

Good luck! Dan

Bondad likes this.
  8. Bondad

Bondad Newbie

Dan - I did as you advised and downloaded the file straight to my Bionic. It worked flawlessly! THANKS!!

Bondad

DanDroide likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews