1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is it really dead

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magtech, Sep 6, 2011.

1. magtech

magtech Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    So a couple days ago my phone died in the middle of the night and wouldnt turn on ( its rooted with cog 4.?) well i plug it in and let it sit and i get it to turn on. Well this morning i wake up at 5:30 am and the phone is on the charger, charged and i hit snooze, when i wake up at 6 am its dead. and still on the charger. Wont turn on wont light anything up. After all day of trying taking the battery out for a few hours putting it back in recharge, battery in, batt out. charger. 3-button, etc i get nothing. Would my battery be dead or should i just try n send it in for warranty work. OR can it be fixed?

Advertisement

2. xThaNaturalx

xThaNaturalx Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Student
    East Lansing
    Have you tried a different charger? As far as I know, the alarm on a phone will still go off even if the phone's not on.
    As far as replacement goes, if you send it in and they find out that you've been ROM flashing or rooting, they could very well charge you full price for a replacement.

3. magtech

magtech Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    I have 3 chargers and have tried them all. To include different, working sockets. Along with the one in the place they call a ATT store. The warranty dept is sending me a new battery sometime this week. If thats not the problem black beauty might have called it quits.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    i had on odd problem with mine yesterday, when the screen wouldnt come on but my phone was. ended up being the power button so after pressing the power button pretty hard it seems to work fine for now, maybe its your power button also?