1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is it really unlimited?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by plainbrad, Aug 27, 2010.

1. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    I'm thinking about getting the Evo (or Epic) but i live in an area that does not have 4G and will probably not have it for a while. I am fine with that.

I have heard some rumors about the $10/month fee that comes with these phones and I wanted to confirm them with actual users. Is the following true:

Advertisement

2. djrottweiler

djrottweiler Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Wheel, Tire, and Exhaust Store Manager
    Anchorage, Alaska
    I am sitting at over 6 gigs this month I do not have the hotspot to tether wireless but I tether through a cable. I have not had any extra charges... Lets hope it stays this way

3. mmuscaro

mmuscaro Newbie

Jun 6, 2010
    yes it is unlimited. the unlimited also includes all the sprint appz too. no extra fees with your extra $10. plus, there are other programs out there to bypass the extra fee for wireless tethering.

4. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Top Flight Security of the world
    Phoenix AZ
    Like pdanet and easytether ;)

and i have had no charges either. I also live in a non 4g :( Stupid that phoenix doesnt have it or will anytime soon

5. privraac

privraac Member

Jun 21, 2010
    MN
    PDA Net and Easy Tether are not for wirreless hotspots, they only work with wired tethering.

6. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Top Flight Security of the world
    Phoenix AZ
    Good catch! forgot about that, but instead of paying for home internet you can pay either of these programs one time and have it : )

7. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    hey james... just wondering why you keep saying there is no 4G in Phx anytime soon?? please tell..

8. antianalog

antianalog Newbie

May 7, 2010
    the built in wifi app will cost you extra, but android 2.2 includes usb tethering--which allows you to tether your data connection via the usb cable. i always have my phone plugged in when i'm tethering to charge my battery, but if it's a problem there are plenty of apps that will do wifi tether for free.

9. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

May 4, 2010
    It's unlimited and not throttled. I've done over 10GB in a month with no issues or extra cost.