1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it safe to delete any of the main folders?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bart2201, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

I need some clarity about which folders I can delete from my L70. When I go to the parent folder Storage I get 3 folders come up: emulated/external_SD/sdcard0

Now emulated has two folders inside: 0 with 8.06gb
    legacy with 8.06gb
    both of these are exact copies of each other and the parent folder emulated has 16.12gb.

the external_SD folder is just what it says, my external SD card storage which is now down to 13.2gb and lastly is the sdcard0 folder which is also an exact copy of both the 0 and legacy folders.
    All of these are under the storage folder title on my root folder.
    So what happens if I delete either of those two folders under emulated? Since they are exactly the same why were they created in the first place? I didn't make them the system did as it also created the sdcard0 folder. So that actually makes three folders with exactly the same files on them. I think I'll try and move one of them to the external sd card for safe keeping and then see what happens when I reboot, I know that I've gotten double copies in my Gallery folder before and when I deleted one set of copies they both disappeared when I rebooted and those pics were lost from this phone. lucky for me I had all of them backed up to my Box cloud storage folder and on my pc.
    So if anyone can give me some help with why I have so many folders with the same info on them and if I can safely remove/delete any of them I would appreciate the guidance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bichofelix

Bichofelix Android Enthusiast

They are symbolic links of your emulated sd. They are all the same but under different names for permission and access reasons. (E.g an app that looks for /sdcard)

I wouldn't delete it.

3. bart2201

bart2201 Android Enthusiast

So they are actually just symbolic links but they do not take up any real physical space, I'm talking about the duplicate links. When I run the properties on the external sd card folder it comes up with over 39gb which is impossible since the card is only 32gb and over 13gb are still free and available.

So I'll just let things be and not worry about any wasted storage. Thanks

4. Bichofelix

Bichofelix Android Enthusiast

The entire physical memory of the phone is like ~3gigabytes. 1.5 for system, 1.5 for user data plus the other small partitions.

If you use foldermount it double counts the data in sd analyst.

I don't even use link2sd and always have 450mb free. The trick? Uninstall google chrome updates. Then delete apk in system. Clear cache once a week etc.. But if you like chrome, download it from playstore make it a system app with like titanium backup or something similar. It keeps it from keeping its junk on /userdata.

I just use all of /system to save space on /userdata.

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews