1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it safe to leave s6 edge on charge stand overnight?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSandman30, May 26, 2017.

1. TheSandman30

TheSandman30 Lurker

Hi, I just got a Samsung Qi wireless charging stand for my S6 Edge. My charge port will not hold a cable at all now, so I felt this was a good work around. My question is if it is safe to put it on the stand and let it charge overnight while I sleep? I'm using the cable and adapter that came in the box with the stand for its power source. So no third party or off brand cable or adapter.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by mikedt, May 26, 2017 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I left a Galaxy Note7 on a Samsung wireless charger charging overnight, every night for a month, and it didn't burn the house down. Of course I no longer have the Note 7, nor the Samsung wireless charger.

I think it's safe leaving it on there for extended periods, it's not going to overcharge it or anything like that.

Mikestony, psionandy and TheSandman30 like this.
  4. TheSandman30

TheSandman30 Lurker

OK thanks. Appreciate it.

mikedt and psionandy like this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Perfectly safe from a charging standpoint. If the stand is by your bed and you could possible knock it off onto a hard floor in the middle of the night, then it's not so safe. ;)

TheSandman30 and mikedt like this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews