• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it safe to leave s6 edge on charge stand overnight?

Hi, I just got a Samsung Qi wireless charging stand for my S6 Edge. My charge port will not hold a cable at all now, so I felt this was a good work around. My question is if it is safe to put it on the stand and let it charge overnight while I sleep? I'm using the cable and adapter that came in the box with the stand for its power source. So no third party or off brand cable or adapter.

I left a Galaxy Note7 on a Samsung wireless charger charging overnight, every night for a month, and it didn't burn the house down. Of course I no longer have the Note 7, nor the Samsung wireless charger.

I think it's safe leaving it on there for extended periods, it's not going to overcharge it or anything like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones