• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it safe to use a linux-swap and compcache at the same time?

flight3

May 3, 2010
I was thinking about turning on compcache because the home screen has been loading slowly. I don't have many apps on it, so I was thinking that I should add more ram for the phone to access. I have a linux swap of 32mb, and wasn't sure if I should make it a 64mb instead of compcache. Or should I use both? I'm just trying to have my home screen load faster because I am tired of waiting for the home screen to reload all of the time. Thanks for any help. :)

Go to spare parts app (I assume you are on cyanogen) and go to the bottom and select keep home app on phone. This prevents the home app from being stored on the sd. Compcache is fast at first but then in 3 to 5 days you will be hating it. Swap will wear out the sd card if used all the time or often. It has a finite number of times.

I keep home app on phone with no compcache and no swap.

Upvote 0
Go to spare parts app (I assume you are on cyanogen) and go to the bottom and select keep home app on phone. This prevents the home app from being stored on the sd. Compcache is fast at first but then in 3 to 5 days you will be hating it. Swap will wear out the sd card if used all the time or often. It has a finite number of times.

I keep home app on phone with no compcache and no swap.

Ok interesting. Do you know why compcache's speed slows after a few days?

Upvote 0
Did cyanogen 5.0.7 today. Dude it is faster. I like you had intermittent lag problems. Let me say I am way happy with 2.1. Not just because it is 2.1,but it is faster has more options and more wallpapers more ringtones more... Awe just do it.

Wow, I agree with you very much on how much better it is. And it was soo simple to upgrade to as well. No need for compcache now :D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones